Is there a programming language that is combination of Python and Basic?

Mensanator mensanator at aol.com
Fri Apr 17 17:00:18 EDT 2009

On Apr 17, 3:37 pm, baykus <baykusde... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am looking for one of those experimental languages that might be
> combination of python+basic. Now thta sounds weird and awkward I know.

That's a clue you won't find anyone seriously contemplating
such idiocy.

> The reason I am asking is that I always liked how I could reference-
> call certain line number back in the days.

A bad idea. If you really want to write bad code, learn C.

> It would be interesting to get similar functionality in Python.

Yeah, it would "interesting" just as a train wreck is "interesting",
as long as you're not the one who has to live through it.

I once translated a BASIC program to Pascal (hint: no goto allowed).
The original code had GOSUBs that never executed a REURN because
the programmer jumped away to line numbers on a whim. Biggest piece
of crap I ever had to misfortune to deal with.

No one has ever missed what you're pining for.