Create standalone Windows program with simple graphics?

edexter Eric_Dexter at msn.com
Fri Apr 17 02:52:15 EDT 2009

On Apr 17, 1:48 am, edexter <Eric_Dex... at msn.com> wrote:
> On Apr 16, 8:12 am, Poster28 <usen... at anton.e4ward.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
>
> > I'd like to program and compile a simple graphics program (showing something
> > like a chess board, some numbers and buttons, mouse support) and provide it
> > as a standalone binary for Windows users.
>
> > What is the easiest way to do that? Which libraries or compilers I should
> > use?
>
> I recently tried pycap for that..  It is a game engine that has python
> embeded in it
>
> http://www.farbs.org/pycap.html
>
> It seems to work better with sprites than with the builtin rectangle
> command so I would try a black square picture and a white square
> picture but that might be just my code since there where just a couple
> examples available.
>
> http://dexrowem.blogspot.com/2009/04/pycap-drum-machine-or-piano-roll...

or you can just try pygame..  I am not sure what it takes to distrute
just the python2.5 exe and a library like wxpython..  it seems to work
but I am not sure if it is taking the python envirement on the
installed version or go to the folder of the newly copied python
2.5 ..  seems like you would need a machine without python installed
to know for sure..