Create standalone Windows program with simple graphics?

edexter Eric_Dexter at msn.com
Fri Apr 17 02:48:39 EDT 2009

On Apr 16, 8:12 am, Poster28 <usen... at anton.e4ward.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to program and compile a simple graphics program (showing something
> like a chess board, some numbers and buttons, mouse support) and provide it
> as a standalone binary for Windows users.
>
> What is the easiest way to do that? Which libraries or compilers I should
> use?

I recently tried pycap for that..  It is a game engine that has python
embeded in it

http://www.farbs.org/pycap.html

It seems to work better with sprites than with the builtin rectangle
command so I would try a black square picture and a white square
picture but that might be just my code since there where just a couple
examples available.

http://dexrowem.blogspot.com/2009/04/pycap-drum-machine-or-piano-roll-beta.html