Using Python after a few years of Ruby

Tim Hoffman zutesmog at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 03:49:25 EDT 2009

Hi

For a rake alternative have a look at aap http://www.a-a-p.org/
It won't be a drop in replacement but, does provide similiar
functionality
( i have used to drive delphi, visualstudio, borland c and bunch of
other stuff
build scripts to make a complete windows desktop app) and
automagically build and deploy
60 custom plone sites - in fact all sorts of things.

There are plenty of python web frameworks, some have quite different
approaches,
what suits you will depend very much on your own bias, interest.