Spring-like IoC in python?

andrew cooke andrew at acooke.org
Sun Apr 5 09:24:00 EDT 2009

David Stanek wrote:
[...]
> The documentation is a little lacking, but that will be changing in
> the next few days. Examples of using snake-guice with CherryPy, Django
> and TurboGears are just a few days off as well. The API tests[3] show
> simple clear examples.
[...]
> 3.
> http://code.google.com/p/snake-guice/source/browse/trunk/snakeguice/tests/test_api_25.py

can i make a suggestion?  add comments to those tests explaining what they
do in fairly boring, introductory detail (ie "we are injecting a value in
... because ...").

also, explain "ch" (class hierarchy) or, if it's just a meaningless module
name, use

from ... import Person

because i thought it was something important and now think it's noise and
if its noise it wasted my time.  i know "Person" is the kind of class used
in examples, but i am unsure if "ch" is something special your system
needs or not.

i was going to argue that ioc isn't needed in python because the
motivation for it in java - that you need a more concise configuration
language - doesn't exist.  what's the point of using xml to simulate a
scripting language when you are already in a scripting language.  but
maybe i have missed something, given that this stuff exists (hence me
trying to understand it).

andrew