Python Goes Mercurial

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven asmodai at in-nomine.org
Sun Apr 5 02:48:05 EDT 2009

-On [20090405 06:05], Michele Simionato (michele.simionato at gmail.com) wrote:
>P.S. the thing I do not understand if why we are moving
>away from Subversion. Will all the new features entered
>in 1.5 and 1.6 Subversion is now not so bad as it used to
>be and it has the advantage of being already there and
>familiar to most people.

I don't fully get the whole 'we MUST go DVCS!' meme going around the
Internet either.

There's situations where a centralised system like SVN works and there's
situations where a DVCS works better.

Unfortunately there's a whole group of rabid, zealous proponents of one
system or ther other out there that are quick to denounce any of your
rationale for going with one or the other if it is not their $FAVOURITE_ONE.

イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
Love conquers all...