Python Goes Mercurial

Michele Simionato michele.simionato at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 00:03:15 EDT 2009

On Apr 5, 5:49 am, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l... at geek-
central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:

> Everybody needs help sometime. If you're accustomed to centralized version
> control (CVS and SVN), it probably takes some time to get used to the way
> distributed systems work. It's nothing to be ashamed of.

If Martin - which is well above the average programmer -
says that he would need help with Git, I take this as
meaning that most people would get lost with Git.
Heck, I am getting lost even with SVN!

                 Michele Simionato

P.S. the thing I do not understand if why we are moving
away from Subversion. Will all the new features entered
in 1.5 and 1.6 Subversion is now not so bad as it used to
be and it has the advantage of being already there and
familiar to most people.