django model problem

Dave Angel davea at dejaviewphoto.com
Fri Apr 3 14:21:14 EDT 2009

Mark wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Say I have these simple models:
>
> class Musician(models.Model):
>     first_name = models.CharField(max_length=50)
>     last_name = models.CharField(max_length=50)
>
> class Album(models.Model):
>     artist = models.ForeignKey(Musician)
>     name = models.CharField(max_length=100)

I think the first thing you need to do is decide if there is going to be
more than one Musician object. and more than one Album object.
Presently you are giving all musicians the same first_name and
last_name.  I suggest you look up the documentation for the special
method __init__()

Then you need to realize that assigning new attributes to an instance
object needs to be done inside an instance method, either __init__() or
some other method with a self parameter.