django model problem

Mark ma.ston.99 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 3 11:58:16 EDT 2009

Hi,

Say I have these simple models:

class Musician(models.Model):
    first_name = models.CharField(max_length=50)
    last_name = models.CharField(max_length=50)

class Album(models.Model):
    artist = models.ForeignKey(Musician)
    name = models.CharField(max_length=100)

Now in `Musician` I want to add a field "last_album".
How can I do that? I'd like to be able to write:

m = Musician(pk=1)
print m.last_album.name

When I try:
    last_album = models.OneToOneField(Album)
it somehow works but creates a (useless) unique index for last_album.
And I don't need additional related field in the Album model (it's also
created now).

Thanks,
MS