Are spams on comp.lang.python a major nuisance?

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Fri Sep 26 19:27:11 EDT 2008

    Aaron> Is there such a thing as an open-source spam filter?  That way
    Aaron> any time anyone had spare time and got annoyed, they could dump a
    Aaron> short snippet of code into the grinder.

Yes: <http://spambayes.sf.net/> though I think your model of how it works
probably needs a bit of refinement. <wink> You might want to read through
the background reading page: <http://spambayes.sf.net/background.html>.

It's what we're running on the python.org site.  The initial impetus for it
came from a desire to filter spam for python.org mailing lists.  If you'd
like to contribute we can always use developers.

Skip