Tkinter Label 'justify' Problem

Guilherme Polo ggpolo at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 14:20:06 EDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 2:18 PM, Dude <steve077 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I am fairly new to Python programming.  I am working on a small
> Tkinter project and I think I am missing something, maybe you can
> help.  The two lines below is all I have related to the Label widget:
>
> lblServer = Tkinter.Label(serverFrame, text='Server:', fg='black',
> justify='left', relief='groove')
>
> lblServer.place_configure(width=200, bordermode='inside')
>

> No matter what I change the 'justify' to whether it's 'lef', 'right',
> or 'center', it always seems to be in the center.

The "justify" option comes into play only when you have a multi-line
label, which is not the case. If you want it left/right aligned then
use pack (instead of place, not really recommended but I don't know
what you are doing) and specify the anchor option with an appropriate
value ('e' or 'w') for what you want.

> I am also writing the keys from the Label widget to a file because
> this has me so baffled.  That is below.
>
> Thank in advance for any help or direction you can give me.
>
> Steve P

-- Guilherme H. Polo Goncalves