Python GUI for animation

Virgil Stokes vs at it.uu.se
Tue Sep 16 02:29:03 EDT 2008

I have been using Python for a short time and I find it a very flexible
language, and easy to learn and use. I have also worked some with PyGame
and used it to create a simple animation that is controlled by the mouse
and keyboard. The animation is designed to move filled circles around on
the screen and is driven by a data file that defines (indirectly), the
next relative position of each circle. And for my purposes (queueing
demo in the classroom) this works quite well. However, I would now like
to create a Python GUI that would allow a user to control the animation,
via buttons, sliders, etc.

I am certainly not a Python expert and have never worked with the
creation of a GUI. I would appreciate greatly any advice from those who
have worked with Python GUIs as to the best way to proceed.

Thank you in advance,
V. Stokes