PYPI, some troubles

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Sep 17 19:00:19 EDT 2008

> 1. when I commit a new release to PYPI, I can use stored data (by my
> browser: Name, package summary, keywords etc), but in the last line
> (classification) I had to chose all those lines from the very
> beginning, moreover, if I click at one of them without pressing "CTRL"
> all my choices drops & I have to type it from the very beginning (I
> use Mozilla Firefox 3.0 but I don't think it's the matter).

Then I recommend not to use the browser to commit the new releases.
Instead, arrange for your setup.py to contain all the relevant data,
and use

  python setup.py register

to add the new release.

> 2. Another issue: I have attached my source code (openopt0.19.tar.bz2
> file), now I can see it in "files for openopt 0.19" section (http://
> pypi.python.org/pypi) but easy_install can't find the package:

Try calling the file openopt-0.19.tar.bz2. If that doesn't help, contact
the setuptools mailing lists.

Regards,
Martin