Python for the iPhone?

Python Nutter pythonnutter at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 05:22:19 EDT 2008

Yes it does involve Jailbreaking.

Python
GCC
Java
and Ruby

are all available to run on the iPhone after you Jailbreak it.

Just run the Cydia appliacation (jailbreak's AppStore) to install
anything you want.

For me I have not installed Python (yet). Jailbreak was only to tether
iPhone to my Macbook since I've moved house and living out of a hotel
until move into my next house. I would never have jailbroken if Apple
did not killswitch the NetShare application. Tethering is 100% legal
in my country and Apple just lost me in only 2 weeks of iPhone
ownership.

Cydia -> OpenSSH.
Then I just reverse ssh socks proxied into my iPhone and shazam.
Internet access here I am. (Downloading all my Mac updates as I type).

Cheers,
PN