Spring Python 0.7.0 is released

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Sat Sep 27 01:52:26 EDT 2008

Goldfish <gregturn at mindspring.com> wrote:

>Release 0.7.0 was completed last night, and released to
>sourceforge.net.
>
>NOTE: This release included a lot of API scrubbing, in order to bring
>things more in tune with PEP-0008 (python's style guide). You're
>existing apps PROBABLY were impacted, if you used any of Spring
>Python's utility classes. Since we are pre-1.0, this is the best time
>for such a cleanup. When 1.0 hits the streets, we won't make such a
>sweeping change without extensive backwards support.
>
>See [url]http://springpython.webfactional.com[/url] for more
>information.
>
>Visit our community forum at [url]http://forum.springframework.org/
>forumdisplay.php?f=45[/url] for current threads of discussion.
>
>--Greg Turnquist, Spring Python project lead

You have committed one of the classic announcement blunders here.  Your
announcement gives absolutely no clue as to what Spring Python is or does.
Yes, I could go to the web site to figure it out, but it's not really
reasonable to expect me to do that to find out whether it might be of
interest to me.

A brief abstract should be part of every announcement, no matter how often
you do updates.

(Followup: I did go to the web site, and I STILL don't know what "Spring
Python" is or does.  Should I really have to Google for "spring java
framework" to learn this?)
Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.