Spring Python 0.7.0 is released

Goldfish gregturn at mindspring.com
Thu Sep 25 07:21:03 EDT 2008

Release 0.7.0 was completed last night, and released to
sourceforge.net.

NOTE: This release included a lot of API scrubbing, in order to bring
things more in tune with PEP-0008 (python's style guide). You're
existing apps PROBABLY were impacted, if you used any of Spring
Python's utility classes. Since we are pre-1.0, this is the best time
for such a cleanup. When 1.0 hits the streets, we won't make such a
sweeping change without extensive backwards support.

See [url]http://springpython.webfactional.com[/url] for more
information.

Visit our community forum at [url]http://forum.springframework.org/
forumdisplay.php?f=45[/url] for current threads of discussion.

--Greg Turnquist, Spring Python project lead
Release Notes - Spring Python - Version 0.7

** Bug
    * [SESPRINGPYTHONPY-63] - Running setup.py returns an exception

** Improvement
    * [SESPRINGPYTHONPY-49] - Upgrade PetClinic to CherryPy 3.1
    * [SESPRINGPYTHONPY-64] - Adding a schema for the regular
component elements
    * [SESPRINGPYTHONPY-69] - Remove deprecated connection factories
from baseline
    * [SESPRINGPYTHONPY-70] - Scrub function/attribute naming
conventions to more closely follow PEP-0008.

** New Feature
    * [SESPRINGPYTHONPY-61] - Generate reference documentation for the
project

** Refactoring
    * [SESPRINGPYTHONPY-65] - Change 'type' attribute in XML
application config to 'scope' to be in line with the lifetime concept
in other Spring platforms