(in memory) database

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Tue Sep 2 04:16:55 EDT 2008

On 2 Sep, 04:46, Zentrader <zentrad... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Ubuntu you want to install something like python-sqlite (a search
> for "python" should turn up everything).  There are 2 parts to this,
> SQLite and the python bindings to SQLite.  So you seem to have SQLite
> installed but not the Python bindings.  Also, on some systems you have
> to have python-sqlite installed, and then build python in order to use
> it.

The python-sqlite and python-sqlite2 packages were needed for Python
2.4 - it was possibly python2.4-sqlite or python2.4-sqlite2 if you go
back a few versions - but Python 2.5 should depend on the sqlite
libraries and pull them in automatically:

http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/python2.5

I don't understand why Cameron has a different version of Python which
doesn't seem to have sqlite support enabled.

Paul