Making small executive file for distribution

Marin Brkic mbrkic at invalid_mail.adress
Wed Sep 24 14:03:54 EDT 2008

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 07:32:56 -0700 (PDT), mdsherry at gmail.com wrote:

>If you don't create a monolithic EXE, then most of the extra files
>(that make up the bulk of the size) can be shared between other
>converted scripts. That is, if you convert foo.py, and send the bundle
>to your colleague, then convert bar.py, you only need to send bar.exe,
>and it will run fine if they execute it in the same directory that has
>all the DLLs you sent with foo.exe.
>
>Another option might be to encourage them to download Portable Python,
>which doesn't need to be installed.

This is an interesting suggestion. I didn't know there was a portable
version of python. I will look into it - could just turn out to be the
perfect solution to this (after all, it would be even simpler if they
could send/receive just .py script).

Thank you.

--
Marin