Are spams on comp.lang.python a major nuisance?

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Fri Sep 26 22:33:28 EDT 2008

George Sakkis <george.sakkis at gmail.com> writes:

> On Sep 26, 9:30 pm, Grant Edwards <gra... at visi.com> wrote:
> > I read the group via NNTP, and I find that blocking all articles
> > posted from google.groups gets rid of all of the spam.
>
> ... along with a far from trivial (I guess) percentage of non-spam,
> such as this post.

As a Google user, you have (presumably) more clout with them than
those of us who are not. Please pressure your provider to reduce the
spam they output so the above drastic measure is not so attractive.

Such pressure may be more effective if you *also* use an alternate
NNTP provider that isn't such a spam-haven.

--
 \             “I put contact lenses in my dog's eyes. They had little |
  `\   pictures of cats on them. Then I took one out and he ran around |