Python and Open Office

Hartmut Goebel h.goebel at goebel-consult.de
Tue Sep 16 13:29:31 EDT 2008

Marco Bizzarri schrieb:
> On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 10:04 PM, Greg Lindstrom <gslindstrom at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I would like to create and manipulate Open Office documents using Python.  I
[...]
>> Is there someone here who can help me out, or is there an appropriate
>> mailing list for me to join?
>
> Ciao, Greg.
>
> you should check with the openoffice.org mailing list; I think what
> you are looking for is the api mailing list for openoffice; you could
> try to get the OpenOffice.org developers guide and the SDK, and check
> it (but it is not a little work)

If want to create documents, there is no nead to fight with OOo and UNO.
As I thought everybody already knows, ODF is simply a Zip-File
containing some XML files. So there is no need to use OOo for handling
the files.

So odfpy seams to be the best way to to this. You may also want to check
OOopy <http://pypi.python.org/pypi/OOoPy/>.

If you are going to interact with OOo, you may want to try out
<http://openoffice-python.origo.ethz.ch/>

--
Schönen Gruß - Regards
Hartmut Goebel

Goebel Consult
Spezialist für IT-Sicherheit in komplexen Umgebungen
http://www.goebel-consult.de