wxpython ms-dos black window popping up in background

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Wed Sep 10 07:48:12 EDT 2008

On Tue, 9 Sep 2008 14:35:13 -0700 (PDT), icarus <rsarpi at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Oh ok. Thanks. In windows xp I just renamed the file extension to .pyw
> That did it.
>
> one more question...
>
> how do I create a pythonw standalone executable that works on w32,
> linux, mac, etc..?

I have noticed that when applications are written in Python with the
GUI created by PyGTK, it seems that to install the application on each
slightly different version of unix is a fairly major task - although
the creators of PyGTK proudly say that the code will run anywhere, it
definitely will not install anywhere - the code will only run on a
slightly different system after a massive and major rewrite of the
install for that target system.

Horrible installs are a chronic problem GUI programs driven by
interpreted languages  Installing visual basic programs that worked on
one Windows machine to work on a very slightly different windows
machine was also a nightmare.

I have not attempted to create installable wxPython windows, but
generally, "run anywhere" will bite you.  Still looking for a good
solution to "run anywhere".

--
We have the right to defend ourselves and our property, because

http://www.jim.com/      James A. Donald