Are spams on comp.lang.python a major nuisance?

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Fri Sep 26 07:31:40 EDT 2008

I took over spam filter management for the python.org mailing lists a couple
months ago and made a few changes to the way the spam filter is trained.
Things seem to be at a reasonable level as far as I can tell (I see a few
spams leak through each day), though I wasn't actively reading
comp.lang.python/python-list at python.org before I took over the task, so I
have nothing to compare with.  Does the level of spam leaking through the
filter now seem excessive?  Is it more or less than in June and July?

Thanks,

Skip Montanaro