Wx Python - Code Structure & Event Handling

Stephen D Evans recombinant at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 9 18:16:54 EDT 2008

Lee,

have you considered using the Model-View-Presenter pattern? There is a nice
example on the wxPython wiki:

http://wiki.wxpython.org/ModelViewPresenter

This scales well to complex GUIs. Grasping the concept and writing the
initial code is the difficult part. Code is then much easier to develop and
maintain.

There is also the Model-View-Controller pattern. Discussions about both of
these patterns can be found on the wxPython wiki and wxPython list archives.

For further simplification/maintainability I would recommend using XRC
resources to create your widget hierarchies where possible. My preference is
to use XRCed to generate python code with the resources embedded. Again
consult the wxPython wiki, wxPython list archives - plus the wxPython DEMO
(under Window Layout->XMLResource)

Stephen

news:b502b8cf-ba28-4831-a2b0-647933a85e77 at m73g2000hsh.googlegroups.com...