Python equivalent for C module

Ville M. Vainio user at asus-190829777.TeleWell.gateway
Tue Oct 21 14:18:14 EDT 2008

Vinay Sajip <vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk> writes:

> import logging
>
> logging.warning("Message with %s data", "variable") # or debug, info,
> error
>
> and I'd like to know what simpler interface you think would be better/
> easier to grok for quick hack jobs.

It's not the logging itself that is a problem, it's setting up the
loggers that was nontrivial (back in the day I last tried it).

Some googling revealed what was my problem back in 2004:

http://coding.derkeiler.com/Archive/Python/comp.lang.python/2004-10/3714.html

I do realize the technical problems of coming up with
one-size-fits-all solution for a problem domain like this.