Python equivalent for C module

Vinay Sajip vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Oct 21 03:38:01 EDT 2008

On Oct 20, 9:08 pm, u... at asus-190829777.TeleWell.gateway (Ville M.
Vainio) wrote:
> Unfortunately these square-wheeled homegrown solutions are easier to
> grok than the standardloggingmodule. It seems to target more
> "serious" applications at the cost of feeling a bit too clunky for
> quick hack jobs.

I'm surprised to hear you say that. All you need is

import logging

logging.warning("Message with %s data", "variable") # or debug, info,
error

and I'd like to know what simpler interface you think would be better/
easier to grok for quick hack jobs.

Regards,

Vinay Sajip