How to examine the inheritance of a class?

Craig Allen callen314 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 18:58:09 EDT 2008

> Developer. NOT User.

I go around and around on this issue, and have ended up considering
anyone using my code a user, and if it's a library or class system,
likely that user is a programmer.  I don't really think there is a
strong distinction... more and more users can do sophisticated
configuration which while not like what we do professionally as
software engineers... is not fundamentally different that programming,
making the distinction arbitrary.

I think the issue here for the term "user" is that there are many
kinds of user, many ways they can customize the system, and the
programmer/developer is just one kind of user.  No?