How to examine the inheritance of a class?

Fri Oct 24 02:11:21 EDT 2008

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 20:53:03 -0700, John Ladasky wrote:

> On Oct 23, 6:59 pm, "James Mills" <prolo... at shortcircuit.net.au> wrote:
>
>> Developer. NOT User.
>
> For the foreseeable future, this program is for my use only.  So the
> developer and the user are one and the same.
>
> And, thank you, __bases__ is what I was looking for.  Though Chris Mills
> also pointed out that isinstance() handles the type checking nicely.

issubclass() may be better than directly looking at __bases__.

This may not matter if your only writing for yourself, but beware that
the use of issubclass() and isinstance() will wreck duck-typing and
prevent such things as delegation from working correctly.

--
Steven