windows help files ?

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Oct 3 14:05:34 EDT 2008

En Fri, 03 Oct 2008 09:07:21 -0300, Stef Mientki <stef.mientki at gmail.com>
escribió:
> Martin v. Löwis wrote:

>>> 1. how can I launch the windows help file (CHM), from python  with a
>>> keyword as argument ?
>>
>> Run hh.exe. If you want it to navigate to specific page, also pass that
>> page on the command line (finding out the exact syntax is left as an
>> exercise)
>>
> That's one way,
> in the meanwhile I found win32help.py,
> which I finally got to work.
> The whole hh.exe (seems also to be a wellknown virus) and win32help
> documentation is very hard to find.

hh.exe is part of the Windows OS and is included on all non-prehistoric
Windows versions. See http://support.microsoft.com/dllhelp/
win32help is part of the pywin32 package - but it's just a thin wrapper
around the help API. The authoritative documentation source should be the
Microsoft site: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc196383.aspx

--
Gabriel Genellina