If an OS was to be written in Python, how'w it look?

Eric Wertman ewertman at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 11:02:13 EDT 2008

>> If an OS was to be written in Python and the hardware optimized for
>> it, what changes would be made to the hardware to accomodate Python
>> strenghs and weaknesses?

I'm no expert, but this would seem like a good example of something
that python wasn't good for.  I have always wondered, though, what a
Linux kernel module would look like that had a python (or java, or
whatever) interpreter running low-level, so the higher level
components on the operating system could be implemented in an
interpreted language.  Is there any benefit to something like that?
Or is that crap too?  Again, I'm no expert.

Eric