pymssql - execute loads all results into memory!

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Tue Oct 21 09:00:58 EDT 2008

Aspersieman wrote:
[... re output params in pymssql / pyodbc ...]

> Oh, trust me - I've tried a *LOT*. I aggree, submitting a feature
> request is a good idea. I think I'll do that. :)

Looks like someone already has:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1985956&group_id=162557&atid=824257

> I did read somewhere (I think on the pyodbc site) that pyodbc isn't DB
> API 2.0 feature complete yet - so I'll have to probably check if they
> haven't already planned this.
>
> Obtaining output parameters from stored procedures is something I have
> to do quite often, unfortunately - so maybe I can submit a patch even... :)

I'm sure that will be more than welcome. Looks like it's a
one-man band (as I guess most projects are) and there aren't
always enough minutes in the day.

TJG