[Novice]Installing eric4 with python 2.6

Saurabh Agrawal mailsaurabh at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 23:04:41 EDT 2008

Hi,

I am fairly new to python. Coming from a world of IDEs, I wanted a fancier
one than IDLE. Hence, I downloaded eric4. When I tried to compile it, it
asked for PyQt4, which I again downloaded (exe for Windows XP) and installed
it. It seems to be properly installed as I can invoke "import PyQt4" from
IDLE without any complaints.

However, when I try to install eric4, I am getting the following error:

D:\Python26\eric4-4.2.2a>python install.py
Sorry, please install PyQt4.
Error: Module use of python25.dll conflicts with this version of Python.

So, won't eric4 work with python 2.6? I have searched on the net for this,
but am unable to find any solution.

I am new to python, so please excuse if this has an obvious solution.
Thanks.

OS: Windows XP SP2.

Regards,
Saurabh.