Installing python 2.6 on Vista

Glenn Linderman v+python at g.nevcal.com
Mon Nov 24 00:36:39 EST 2008

On approximately 11/23/2008 9:17 PM, came the following characters from
the keyboard of GALLOWAY Stuart J (SVHM):

> I would strongly recommend that an official PORTABLE python for
> windows should be a standard distribution so we can bypass all the
> windows rubbish if we want to.

Sorry about the other answer!  I couldn't resist, though.  I bought and
returned a laptop computer with Vista, because it wouldn't even do
dialup!  The diagnostic software would dial the modem, but Vista didn't
even try!  There were other problems too, but what use is a laptop that
can't dial the modem, when dialup is all that is available?  And yes, I
spent the obligatory 6 hours on the phone with the support people before
returning it... of my vacation time, no less!

The next 4 laptops I bought have XP!

But, hey, a portable version of Python would be nice!  Would probably
make the job of the various packagers that make .exe files easier, too!

--
Glenn -- http://nevcal.com/