Installing python 2.6 on Vista

r0g aioe.org at technicalbloke.com
Mon Nov 24 01:02:59 EST 2008

Glenn Linderman wrote:
> On approximately 11/23/2008 9:17 PM, came the following characters from
> the keyboard of GALLOWAY Stuart J (SVHM):
>
> But, hey, a portable version of Python would be nice!  Would probably
> make the job of the various packagers that make .exe files easier, too!

Erm, a couple of years back I installed Py2.4 onto my windows system
then dragged my python folder onto a USB key. It worked just fine until
I realized keeping the product of so much time on something I could
easily lose down the back of a sofa was a dumb idea and stopped doing
it! I'd be surprised if this didn't still work, in which case I'd
question the need for a 'portable python' edition.

Roger.