Which PostgreSQL adapter to use?

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at druid.net
Tue Nov 4 12:07:39 EST 2008

On Tue, 04 Nov 2008 17:13:43 +0100
Thomas Guettler <hv at tbz-pariv.de> wrote:
> Hussein B schrieb:
> > Hey,
> > Which Adapter to use with PostgreSQL:
> > PyPgSQL, psycopg or PyGreSQL?
> > Thanks.
>
> I think psycopg2 is a good choice. Never tried anything else.

PyGreSQL 4.0 is currently in beta and should be released shortly.  Here
is the changelog so far.

- Dropped support for Python below 2.3 and PostgreSQL below 7.2
- Added new method to get parameter settings.
- Added row_factory as suggested by Simon Pamies.
- Separated between mandatory and additional type objects.
- Added keyword args to insert, update and delete methods.
- Added exception handling for direct copy.
- Release the GIL while making a connection
  (as suggested by Peter Schuller).
- If available, use decimal.Decimal for numeric types.
- Allow DB wrapper to be used with DB-API 2 connections
  (as suggested by Chris Hilton).
- Made private attributes of DB wrapper accessible.

http://www.PyGreSQL.org/

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy at druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves