Which PostgreSQL adapter to use?

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Tue Nov 4 17:54:29 EST 2008

Hussein B <hubaghdadi at gmail.com> writes:

> Which Adapter to use with PostgreSQL:
> PyPgSQL, psycopg or PyGreSQL?

I have found the best overall interface for working with an RDBMS in
Python is SQLAlchemy <URL:http://www.sqlalchemy.org/>.

To use SQLAlchemy with PostgreSQL requires psycopg2. So that's what I
use. I've never had to interface directly with it; I use SQLAlchemy
which is both more abstract *and* more expressive.

--
 \         “We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!” |
  `\    —Vroomfondel, _The Hitch-Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy_, Douglas |