Call-By-Object

Mon Nov 10 20:23:37 EST 2008

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 13:30:08 -0800, Ethan Furman wrote:

> Coming from assembly, C, Pascal, Fortran, BASIC, FoxPro, and possibly
> others whose names I do not currently remember, I am well aware of what
> c-b-v and c-b-r means and had never heard of c-b-o (alas, my degree is
> in Business Administration).  The reference to the old articles, and
> effbot, and the very good explanation of Python's assignment statement
> have been invaluable to me and are *very much appreciated*.

Thank you for saying so. After spending many hours banging on the
keyboard, it all seems worthwhile if at least one person has learnt
something new about Python.

Just in case anyone reading this has been living on in a cave on top of a
mountain in the Himalayas for the last year:

http://xkcd.com/386/

--
Steven