Call-By-Object

Ethan Furman ethan at stoneleaf.us
Mon Nov 10 16:30:08 EST 2008

Many thanks to Stephen, Marc, Terry, and everyone else.  Even thanks to
those whose stubborn refusal to think at the appropriate layer extended
the thread clear off my mail reader's screen.

This is one area where my understanding was weak, and in fact have had
to change code because I didn't understand how this worked, and still
had no understanding afterwards (although my code did work afterwards  :).

Coming from assembly, C, Pascal, Fortran, BASIC, FoxPro, and possibly
others whose names I do not currently remember, I am well aware of what
c-b-v and c-b-r means and had never heard of c-b-o (alas, my degree is
in Business Administration).  The reference to the old articles, and
effbot, and the very good explanation of Python's assignment statement
have been invaluable to me and are *very much appreciated*.

Thank you.
~ethan~