HELP!...Google SketchUp needs a Python API

r rt8396 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 23:51:30 EST 2008

On Nov 27, 10:08 pm, r <rt8... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 27, 9:56 pm, alex23 <wuwe... at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Nov 28, 1:45 pm, r <rt8... at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Does it bother you that i am so ambitious[...] Answer that if
> > > you are a man. [...] Do you feel you should give back or just
> > > take, take, take??? I have shared my feelings, let's hear yours.
>
> > It bothers me that you seem to be off your medication and turning this
> > into a non-existent conspiracy amongst a lot of unjustified ad hominem
> > attacks.
>
> > My personal feeling is that you're a complete idiot who could've
> > achieved more actually working on the problem you perceive in
> > SketchUp's lack of a Python API in the time you've spent abusing
> > others for what you see as greed, arrogance and stupidity.
>
> Did you even read my OP, I mean the whole thing... not just the title?
> I am working on the problem, I am trying to garner support for a
> Python intergration. Grass Roots kinda thing.
>
> [alex23]
> @Last Software were completely unrelated to Google when they first
> developed SketchUp, it's hardly a surprise that they chose whatever
> damn scripting API they wanted to.
> [/alex23]
>
> Why can't Google change the API now? They own it right? Why can't
> there be 2 API's? A kinda 60 free love thing. And why are you SO
> violently against it? Is this a sin?
Going with Terry's great advice i will now re-post my ideas on this
subject

Hello fellow Python enthusiust!
Google has released a program called SkectchUp in both a free and Pro
version.
http://sketchup.google.com/index.html

It is an architectural based 3D modeling application with support for
windows and Mac and has a large following.(i think it will work in
linux with WINE but full support is not there yet...this is also
something we could help change though). Which is a good complement to
Blender. I believe it would be great if SketchUp included a Python API
and i am looking for support in that direction. If anybody is
interested in helping me persuade the SketchUp DEV TEAM to add Python
i would love to hear your suggestions.
Again Thank you!