is there really no good gui builder

Peter Decker pydecker at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 21:32:19 EST 2008

On Sat, Nov 8, 2008 at 1:35 PM, azrael <jura.grozni at gmail.com> wrote:
> whoever I ask, everyone tells me when it come to python and GUI-s and
> that there is the best way to use WX. I am browsing for the 10th time
> during the last year and I can still not bealive that there is not one
> project to make gui-building easy as maybe in VB for python. Each I
> tried was a pain in the ass when it comes to usability. The only
> descent one I've seen was Boa constructor, but also they have stoped
> in developing. Please tell me that there is at least something
> descent.
> I am freaking out that I need 5 times more time to make a GUI in
> python than in VB.

You should really check out Dabo: http://dabodev.com.

They have a great GUI designer that works interactively, and even
allows you to create database-aware applications without having to
know a ton about SQL. It's a very active and vibrant community, and
the authors are amazingly responsive.

--

# p.d.