HELP!...Google SketchUp needs a Python API

Benjamin Kaplan benjamin.kaplan at case.edu
Fri Nov 28 18:35:15 EST 2008

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 6:22 PM, r <rt8396 at gmail.com> wrote:

> You know i wonder how many people saw that the link to the OP had
> 30,40 replies and they said...WOW it looks like the community is
> getting behind a project to host Python, I had better check this out!
> Then when they opened the link and saw all the negative responses from
> well known posters...either jumped on the negative bandwagon...or were
> too afraid to post a reply that backs a n00b supporting Python.
> -just food for thought-
>
> I my self would never so viciously attack a poster for his ideas, if i
> were to reply at all i would simple say "i do not think this is a good
> idea". Plain and simple, and to the point. I never attacked anybody. I
> only came here to share my support to further the advancement of
> Python and see if anybody shared the same feelings. Only one person
> out of 14,405 members agrees with me. I never thought i will convince
> everyone, but i sure did not think ONLY one person HERE would support
> Python. WOW...that is all i can say...WOW
>
> You know I said before that I hoped Guido never see's this
> thread...but i wonder if maybe he should see it...To see how far the
> "great advocates" have fallen. I am disappointed to say the least. I
> would not want to be in his shoes and see this!
>

> Here is the definition of a troll for those whom seem not to
> comprehend.
> >From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
> =====================================
>
> An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who
> posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in
> an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room,
> with the intention of provoking other users into an emotional response
> [1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.[2]
>
> Application of the term troll is highly subjective. Some readers may
> characterize a post as trolling, while others may regard the same post
> as a legitimate contribution to the discussion, even if controversial.
> The term is often used to discredit an opposing position, or its
> proponent, by argument fallacy ad hominem.
>
> Often, calling someone a troll makes assumptions about a writer's
> motives. Regardless of the circumstances, controversial posts may
> attract a particularly strong response from those unfamiliar with the
> robust dialogue found in some online, rather than physical,
> communities.
>
> How is someone that goes to the PYTHON group to SUPPORT PYTHON a
> troll??

Easily- this is a forum for people to obtain help with Python problems, not
to plan Python's conquest of the world. Many of us use several programming
languages for various tasks. You are making inflammatory remarks on this
list and you are trying to incite a response- a "Python mob" to go pester
Google to release Python APIs for everything they release. Therefore, you
are a troll.