strange permission issue with nosetests

Roel Schroeven rschroev_nospam_ml at fastmail.fm
Thu Nov 20 10:40:50 EST 2008

Mr.SpOOn schreef:
> On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 13:34, Ben Finney
> <bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
>> Mr.SpOOn <mr.spoon21 at gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> Searching on google I found this: http://www.siafoo.net/article/61
>>> He had the same issue and said to change permission of the file to 664.
>> Unit test modules, which are primarily meant to be imported and have
>> the tests collected and *then* run by the unit test framework, should
>> be non-executable modules. I'm very glad nose enforces this.
>
> Mmm it seems strange to me. I mean, there isn't any reference to this
> on the site. How would one imagine he needs to change permission? And
> it is strange that the first time I didn't need to change anything.

You can also nosetests --exe; with that option, nose will also include
executable files (see the section "nosetests usage" on the website
(http://somethingaboutorange.com/mrl/projects/nose/#usage, under
"Options")).

It took me a while too before I could figure what was wrong, and how to
solve it.

--
The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge
faster than society gathers wisdom.

Roel Schroeven