Win 98 with Python 2.5--matplotlib and Numpy problem

Tino Wildenhain tino at wildenhain.de
Mon Nov 17 01:16:30 EST 2008

W. eWatson wrote:
> I'm trying to figure out why an application that both myself and a
> colleague  use gives errors when he uses it under W98. I'm using XP. Py
> 2.5 is installed on each of our machines. His first problem came with
>
> Clearly things have gone astray. Is numpy somehow not compatible with PY
> 2.5?

numpy when compiled against python2.5 is perfectly compatible with
python2.5. However this does not tell you anything if you run an
application compiled on recent windows on a very old one.

I guess this could be worked out but I don't know if the user base
with win98 is large enough to justify this. If you feel desperate,
you could always get the compiler and try your luck.

Otoh you collegue could just abhore the windows and use something
different on his hardware :-) With fvwm98 it would even look like :-)

HTH
Tino