Win 98 with Python 2.5--matplotlib and Numpy problem

W. eWatson notvalid2 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 16 23:29:23 EST 2008

I'm trying to figure out why an application that both myself and a colleague
  use gives errors when he uses it under W98. I'm using XP. Py 2.5 is
installed on each of our machines. His first problem came with matplotlib
that pointed to the "from pylab ..." line below. The message ended with
" ... from matplotlib.path: import affine_transform.
Import Error. One of the library functions needed to run this application
could not be found."

I told him to remark the line
    from pylab import plot, xlabel, ylabel, title, show, xticks, bar

My thinking was that he need not use any of the new plot facilities in the
app. That seemed to do the trick, but then he encountered a msg that said:

Assertion failed in PROGRAN 2008/NUMPY-1.20-Win32K Superpack
Press Retry to Debug the application. JT must be enabled.

Clearly things have gone astray. Is numpy somehow not compatible with PY 2.5?

--
                                W. eWatson

                     Web Page: <www.speckledwithstars.net/>