Snippets management

Robert Lehmann stargaming at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 05:53:55 EST 2008

On Wed, 05 Nov 2008 19:55:51 -0600, Edwin wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I've been looking for a snippet manager and found PySnippet but it
> requires PyGTK. Do you know any other option that doesn't need much?
[snip]

If you're looking for a snippet manager for actually *using* it (not
educational purposes or something), I'd recommend your favorite editor
and the version control system of your choice. I found DVCSes to be
rather nice for local ad-hoc repositories (particulary Git_). If you'd
like to modify your snippet system you could take a look at Mercurial or
Bazaar, both being written in Python.

HTH,

.. _Git: http://git.or.cz/

--