Python surpasses Perl in popularity?

Wed Nov 26 19:59:31 EST 2008

On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 11:17:21 -0500, Steve Holden wrote:

> Xah Lee wrote:
>> your remark is a bit overzealous. After all, we all know that site is
>> websearh based. Although it not some kinda scientific report, but it
>> does give some good indication of language popularity, however you
>> define that.
>>
> [... rant omitted ...]
> I wondered how long you would be able to resist making your vituperative
> remarks. Please stop this rubbish.

Oh please Steve. Did you read Xah's post or stop after the second
paragraph? It was amazingly *non* vituperative, and I don't just mean
"for Xah".

I only counted two uses of the f-word and one of the a-word, none of
which I personally would object to (we're grown-ups, naughty words
shouldn't shock us). The only things which were even *close* to a
vituperative rant were a short comment about Brian Harvey being unhappy
with Scheme 6, and that Sun Microsystems use inferior versions of shell
tools. Maybe half a dozen lines expressing strong opinions, out of a 300
line post.

--
Steven