'new' module deprecation in python2.6

David Pratt fairwinds.dp at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 12:36:21 EST 2008

Hi Mike. Many thanks for your reply and thank you for reference.  I
have code that looks like the following so initially looking at what
will need to be done as it doesn't appear new will survive. So first
need to find way of translating this sort of thing using types. I see
there is a ClassType for types in Python 2.6 but it does not exist in
Python 3 so wonder where this is going? Is this an oversight or maybe
just not ready yet.

import new

class FirstBase(object):
     foo = 'bar'
     biz = 'baz'

class SecondBase(object):
     bla = 'blu'
     buz = 'brr'

attr = {
     'fiz': 'An attribute', 'fuz': 'Another one'}

Test = new.classobj(
     'Test', (FirstBase, SecondBase), attr)

class MyNewClass(Test):
     pass