'new' module deprecation in python2.6

Michael Crute mcrute at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 12:04:09 EST 2008

On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 11:52 AM, David Pratt <fairwinds.dp at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can someone tell me why 'new' has been deprecated in python 2.6 and provide
> direction for code that uses new for the future.
> I find new is invaluable for some forms of automation. I don't see a
> replacement for python 3 either. Many thanks.

You might want to take a look at PEP 3108[1] which says:

new

    * Just a rebinding of names from the 'types' module.
    * Can also call type built-in to get most types easily.
    * Docstring states the module is no longer useful as of revision
27241 (2002-06-15).

[1] http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-3108/

-mike

--
Michael E. Crute

God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things.
Right now I am so far behind that I will never die. --Bill Watterson