SOAPpy SyntaxError

Jon-Pierre Gentil jgentil at sebistar.net
Thu Nov 20 20:46:35 EST 2008

neridaj at gmail.com wrote:

> I'm going through the SOAP Web Services portion of Mark Pilgrim's
> tutorial and I'm getting this error when trying to build:
>
>   File "/Users/username/Desktop/SOAPpy-0.12.0/SOAPpy/Client.py", line
> 46
>     from __future__ import nested_scopes
> SyntaxError: from __future__ imports must occur at the beginning of
> the file
>
> I tried moving that line and it didn't help.

I was able to successfully move that line to the very top of the file in
each of the files it errored in.  There are quite a number of them and
it must be done in all files that contain that line.

I really wish that SOAPpy wasn't so dead.  There are a few other bugs
that I found as well revolving around namespace errors but I never had
time to debug them properly to contribute a patch.