SOAPpy SyntaxError

neridaj at gmail.com neridaj at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 14:16:19 EST 2008

Hello,

I'm going through the SOAP Web Services portion of Mark Pilgrim's
tutorial and I'm getting this error when trying to build:

python setup.py build
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 8, in <module>
    from SOAPpy.version import __version__
  File "/Users/username/Desktop/SOAPpy-0.12.0/SOAPpy/__init__.py",
line 5, in <module>
    from Client      import *
  File "/Users/username/Desktop/SOAPpy-0.12.0/SOAPpy/Client.py", line
46
    from __future__ import nested_scopes
SyntaxError: from __future__ imports must occur at the beginning of
the file

I tried moving that line and it didn't help.

Thanks,

Jason