Restricted Execution of untrusted code

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Tue Nov 18 23:59:28 EST 2008

"Emanuele D'Arrigo" <manu3d at gmail.com> writes:

> My target OS however are XP and Vista. I did find chroot-like
> features in various virtualization platforms for those OS, but it
> would definitely be overkill to request the user that he installs a
> virtualization software to run a small application.

If you're trying to retro-fit secure execution of untrusted code onto
those operating systems, you have a much larger set of problems than
trying to choose the right Python implementation. Good luck.

--
 \      “If I haven't seen as far as others, it is because giants were |
  `\                           standing on my shoulders.” —Hal Abelson |